wich scubapro mask?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

franklinreinoza

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Im making my padi open water course so im new to everething, I need to buy a mask and it must be a scubapro? Wich one you recommend me? the sold a mask with the snorkel it is good?

thx Franklin

sorry about my english

I love my Fino, but the Clear Vu2 is really nice as well. Actually all SP masks are superb - get the one that fits!

franklinreinoza:
Hi Im making my padi open water course so im new to everething, I need to buy a mask and it must be a scubapro? Wich one you recommend me? the sold a mask with the snorkel it is good?

thx Franklin

sorry about my english
If I'm not misunderstanding, why do you say it must be a Scubapro? Fit is the most important thing. One of the SP masks might fit you great. Or, you might find that none of the SP masks fits you well and some other brand would be better.

Don't get it, get the Cressi-Sib Big Eye mask, the best field of view mask available today.

Get the mask that fits and is comfortable.

All of the things you need to know about mask and snorkel selection is in your open water text book.

I don't think it make sense to suggest any other brands to him.
No matter what reason he has, he already mentioned about the condition.

I got Clear Vu without purge recently. It has more view and light coming.
I also recommend the frameless mask. It is a really great mask if you don’t mind a slightly narrow view and close space to your face. Actually, I compare an angle view between Clear Vu and Frameless masks. It isn’t that much, but I chose the Clear view because of my old eye requiring more light.

Does anyone find the silicone skirt of the Frameless a tad stiff? Wish it were softer like the X-vision or Big Eyes, but other than that, is a great mask.

Would recommend replacing the factory strap with a neoprene strap - much more comfortable.

Buy the one that fits and only the one that fits.

I visited 6 dive shops and tried on at least 30 different masks,
found only two that I was happy with.
The Scuba pro CrystalVu, and Cressi-sub Matrix (smaller version of the Big eye), I chose the Matrix-real good fit, no leaks even if I don't shave for 2 days, low volume mask, black skirt was avalible (wanted black), great field of vision.

hoosier:
I don't think it make sense to suggest any other brands to him.
No matter what reason he has, he already mentioned about the condition.
Sure it makes sense to find out the reason. He said on another thread the reason was because SP was one of the only brands he could find in Venezuela and it was the best prices. Sounds like a good reason. But it could have very easily been something stupid like the dive shop told him that's what he had to buy or all his gear should be the same brand. A new diver might not realize that this is not normal and possibly indicated a screwy dive shop, and people here would tell him otherwise. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom