New to the board and scuba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
My wife and I just certified scuba and have a few questions that maybe someone on here can answer. She was thinking about getting a mantis full face mask because she just doesnt like the not being able to breath through her nose aspect. It appears that with the Mantis you can breathe through your nose or mouth, has anyone ever used this mask or know anything about it? Also, are there any ladies out there that can recommend BCD? my wife is small, 5'2", 95 lbs, so she has a hard time finding one that fits properly. Any help anyone can offer is greatly appreciated

Keep in mind, a full face mask requires a high level of comfort. If it floods she will only inhale water. Comfort comes with experience. Keep on diving the way you have learned. When it comes time to move up to the full face mask. Get plenty of pool time and instruction.
Good luck and welcome to the underwater world.

I guess the biggest question I have is why does she need a full face mask?

Usually, people who are diving in very cold water, doing bio-hazardous diving, or have the need to verbally communicate with surface support or their buddy are the ones that need this type of equipment.

As AB suggested, it requires a fair amount of training & experience to use this piece of equipment. Not to mention the $$$; they aren't cheap.

Re: BCD's: you are best asking that question in the Women's Issues area.

DSDO,

Back
Top Bottom