Your favourite Mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aquarius

Reaction score
Guys,

I need some info and wisdom on the best mask available in your opinion. Will it differ for use with a dry suit? (I’m expecting to eventually be using one, as the water here is so cold :penguin2:.

I have read allot regarding fins in the forum but there seems to be not as much heated discussion regarding masks.

I love the idea of the hydrooptix and the reviews they have received but think I should evolve to this rather than purchase as my first set, I would also rather wait for the 20/20 version. Any opinion appreciated...

I have the SeaVision with prescription lenses. I use it in warm water and with my drysuit. For some strange reason, the mask with the black skirt seals better than the others.

I have a Mares X-Vision, and it works great for me. It's a low profile design (Not a lot of airspace, so mask clearing is a snap), Very wide viewfield, and fits great. Masks need to be tried on to find the one that fits your face, but I would at least recommend one that has a low profile and good range of vision. Cressi makes a good one too, I hear.

aquarius:
Guys,

I need some info and wisdom on the best mask available in your opinion. Will it differ for use with a dry suit? (I’m expecting to eventually be using one, as the water here is so cold :penguin2:.

i particularly love my mares x-vision... same comments as gfisher... real lightweight too so you never bother about it unless you have to clear...

i fell in love with it when i first saw pictures of it... then i prayed real hard that it would fit... i got to try it at the LDS... it fit (but no money at the time hehehehe) so i did more research on proper mask fitting, went back, tried it on (it really fit!) and got one...

love love love love...

Jag

I’m sticking with my Oceanic Mini Shadow. My gf is another fan of the X-Vision. There is now a single lens version called the Pure Vision.

Add 1 more fan of the X-Vision here...wifey uses a Genisis Panview w/ purge, she says she wouldn't trade it in for the world...

No Dacor Mystere fans here? Fits great, low volume, easy to clear, extra wide silicon skirting

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom