US divers vs Scubapro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

storm1fishing

Registered
Reaction score
I have listened to many people rave about their Scubapro Jet Fins. As I am looking at getting new fins , I am leaning toward the scubapro's , but now I have seen the US divers Aqua Lung Rocket Fins , and they look exactly the same as the Jet Fins ( at least to my un-trained eye , they do ). And whats more , I can buy the latter for half the price.
Has anyone tried both and have an opinion on the differences , if any , that would either have me dis-regard price , or save a few $s.
I have now also seen the Scubapro Twin Jets , any comments on these.

Please help guys

I have not seen a new pair of rocket fins in a long time. In general though they were much stiffer and less efficient than a Jet Fin.

The Jet Fin is an excellent and very versatile fin design that has been around for 30 plus years because they do the job very well. They have outlasted several fin designs that were intended to replace them and I suspect they will outlast the current twin jet and twin speed fins. They are also very durable. I bought mine in 1985 and after 10 years of use and well over a 1500 dives (including a few hundred dives where they were drug for a 1/2 mile or so over gravel river bottoms) they are still in virtually as good a shape as when they were new.

So in my heavily biased opinion, they are worth the extra money.

Thanks for your comment , I'll go with Jet Fins

Back
Top Bottom