prescription mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

louis

Registered
Reaction score
any recommendations where to send my mask and vision rx to get bifocals installed in my mask? Any idea on the turn around time to get the mask back?

I had my wife's done thru Prescription Dive Masks in San Diego, CA. All by phone & mail, very friendly and easy to work with. Took a couple weeks. 1-800-538-2878

Wife is thrilled with the mask and all the stuff she can see clearly now. You can google up their web site for price info.

did an excellent job adding Rx lenses and a gauge reader on my Zeagle mask. Turnaround was less than a week.

louis:
any recommendations where to send my mask and vision rx to get bifocals installed in my mask? Any idea on the turn around time to get the mask back?
Have you considered DiveOptx lenses? They are half-circle, plastic, bifocal lenses that bond to the inside of your mask. They cost about $30 a pair. They work great. You can do a search on the Board for more. Here's the link for internet purchase...

https://www.boatshow.com/MARINEMARKET/LENSES/Diveoptx.html

We use scuba optics. turn around time is usually 7-10 days. Mine are bonded lenses due to mask type and prescription. Only problem was they ground them better than my eyeglass dr so I had to get new glasses because of how good my mask lenses were. I did not really want to wear my mask all the time even though the lenses more closely met my script. Price around 110 bucks including shipping. Plus mask of course. Your shop just needs to tell them make and model of mask and your script.

i wear bifocals. Am trying to decide if I want single lens or bifocals for my mask. Has anyone who wears bifocals gotten single? How did that work? How about the bifocal lens......are the lined or unlined? do they work well?

SkyBird

I have bifocals in my mask from Prescription Dive Masks. For me bifocals are the only way to go. I need the bifocals to read the tiny setting on my camera. PDM has done a couple of mask for me and I have always been happy with their work. How fast you can get it back is somewhat a matter of cost. They do rush orders but they also charge more for it. I always fax my prescription ahead of the maskand they will go ahead and make the lenses while your mask in in shipment. I usually get the mask back in 7-10 days. Be sure to follow the directions on how to mark the mask and include any special request. I have the bifocals raised in the lenses more than normal because it makes using my camera easier. Give them a call....just be prepaired to talk with Linda for a while. :)
http://www.prescriptiondivemasks.com/

You also may want to talk with the guys at SeaVision. They are out of Tampa/St. Petersburg and actually have their own lab. This means they can get stuff turned around REAL QUICK. Their number is 800-432-6275. Best of luck with your search!

Scott

skybird:
i wear bifocals. Am trying to decide if I want single lens or bifocals for my mask. Has anyone who wears bifocals gotten single? How did that work? How about the bifocal lens......are the lined or unlined? do they work well?

SkyBird
I've gone with "see unders" where the upper section of lens is the distance prescription and the bottom portion of the mask is left blank. That works for me only because my bifocal add of +2.25 is pretty close to my distance vision correction. This method only makes sense if things at reading distances are in focus with your eyeglasses off.

All mask bifocals are lined. I couldn't follow the whole explanation from Linda of Prescription Dive Masks, but there are some technical reasons why nobody has been able to make a varifocal/progressive bifocal/unlined bifocal for masks.

I strongly recommend Prescription Dive Masks in San Diego. You get to decide how much of your mask is allocated to bifocal and how much to distance.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom