Atomic frameless mask, is it out yet?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cynthia Prettyman

Registered
Reaction score
I tried one of these on at the South Florida Dive Show, and it was the most comfortable mask I've ever tried. The rep said they would be available in Jan. 06. Any links to LDS or mail stores that might have them in stock?
Thanks, DMdoogie

Cynthia Prettyman:
I tried one of these on at the South Florida Dive Show, and it was the most comfortable mask I've ever tried. The rep said they would be available in Jan. 06. Any links to LDS or mail stores that might have them in stock?
Thanks, DMdoogie

It was the most comfy ever. Amazing skirt - very smooooov. Wonder where it is? What was the price? I never got a hint at DEMA - my guess is $99.00 - $129.00, knowing Atomic.

---
Ken

Mo2vation:
It was the most comfy ever. Amazing skirt - very smooooov. Wonder where it is? What was the price? I never got a hint at DEMA - my guess is $99.00 - $129.00, knowing Atomic.

---
Ken
What's different (better/worse) than the SP frameless? I think I paid $79 for mine.

Rick Inman:
What's different (better/worse) than the SP frameless? I think I paid $79 for mine.

The silicone is just better. Its molded better, its higher quality, it simply feels better on my grill than any other mask - and I've tried them all (except that wack hydro optix robo mask.)

The glass is better. Its simply a higher quality, distortion free pane of perfectly clear glass. Its thicker, its smoother, its of a higher quality.

The buckles on the sides are molded better. I like the Cressi - but I like these better.

If any manufacturer put some serious R&D horsepower into a mask, they would come up with this. Its nothing revolutionary. There isn't any terminal gear that will be any time soon. Honestly - there will be no earth shaking snorkle released in my lifetime. There will be no serious redesign in fin that will be worth a hoot. We're done. Get real everyone - snorkles are tubes with mouthpieces, fins are duck feet things that let you kick more efficiently. There is no revolution waiting in the wings.

Same with this mask. It has better silicone. Its a better mold / face seal. It has better glass, more thoughtful buckles and strap. Its not Mask v2. Its just a better execution of the classic.

It has a very narrow market (likely) - the tweaks that can afford and appreciate the quality. I appreciate the quality to be sure - so now it gets down to price. It will be expensive. Will it be worth the money is the question. I dunno. Haven't seen the price.

All that said - when you pick one up, you'll see it. When you put one on, you'll feel it. I'd like to dive one to see if it fits as good in the water as it did at DEMA. That's the final test. The rest is just marketing.

---
Ken

You DEMA-informed, do you know if the two-window version is going to be available as Rx-able?

Rick Inman:

yeah,, what he said. I have tried a lot of mask's, But I keep coming back to the good ol SP frameless. Great fit, as far as I can tell its durable, the glass looks pretty clear to me. For 80 bucks it don't break the bank, and I can afford to keep a spare. I think im good where im at! You want a "better" mask..... happy hunting!

Is there a link to a picture of the mask? Interested to see how it looks like.

Ciao,

I've talked to all the Atomic dealers in my area and they all look at me like I have three heads. Apparently, Atomic hasn't notified their dealers that this mask exists, much less when it will be available. Any help appreciated.
Thanks, DMdoogie

I spoke to Darcy at Atomic Aquatics on Monday. There seem to have been some production challenges, and Atomic won't release something if it isn't "perfect."

She said they would probably be in stores by the middle of February.

We also tried them on at the FL Dive Show. All I can say is Holy S**t!! The optics are incredible. We loved the black skirted model the best. My LDS has me on a list to call as soon as they come in. He's the one who initially told us about them, and we made a point of checking them out at the show. I own two masks already, but this one is a giant leap forward. Talk about low volume!

BTW, I like the mask.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom