atomic or apollo split fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

laserdoc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Looking at both of these. They seem to be very close in regards to performance. Also do I really need the spring straps. What is the best fin??
Thanks
Dave

You can consider scubapro twin jet, Appolo Bio fin

I have both. I prefer the Apollo hands down. Acceleration is incredible. And easy to stow when travelling. They are considerably shorter than the Atomics. The spring straps are great; I installed them myself. Bit of a pain to do it though. Lotsa burning rubber and cursing. :huh: I would get those pre-installed. I now use the Atomics as backups only.

I am using the Apollo-Xt.

Its a great fin with really nice power, really the 'strongest' split fin ive used (Scubapro Twin Jets / Tusa Xpert Zoom) so far.

I like the scubapro too though i think its a little challenging for use in surgey areas, hence i changed to the XT. Cheers!

I like my Bio fins. You don't need spring straps mostly a personal preference. The included straps are quite sturdy.

I make spring straps to fit both.

These are on my wife's Aqualung Blades. Most post type mounts will use these:

bladefinished.jpg

bladeside.jpg

Atomic fins use a unique post. I came up with this to attach spring straps to them without having to modify the fins. These came out nice, but are more labor intensive & can take me a bit longer to ship:

apollo.jpg

apolloside.jpg

apolloside2.jpg

apollotop.jpg

Tried both. Apollos are the fins you want. They're the best fin I've ever used. And they are one piece of rubber. Any fins that are multiple pieces glued/welded together eventually have wear problems.

I also installed the Apollo "C" spring straps myself and I recommend you get them pre-installed. It wasn't hard, but spring straps are great, so just get em built in.

Do you need the spring straps? Absolutely Not.

Will you ever wear anything else after you try them for the first time? Absolutely Not.

:D

laserdoc:
Looking at both of these. They seem to be very close in regards to performance. Also do I really need the spring straps. What is the best fin??
Thanks
Dave

Apollo not even close.

Alex

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom