DiveOptix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

macpa

New
Reaction score
Hello I have just purchased a pair of DiveOptix for my Cressi Big eyes.

I would like to hear from others who have used these and hear their views, pro, cons or have you gone to getting custom lens's made for your mask.

What is the best placement for these? Should I follow the instructions on the package or have you found a better placement?

Thanks in advance.

Paul.

We used the Dive Optix until we went through the third set of them.

They work very well, as long as they stick on, but they don't stick on for a long time, and when you lose them, you often lose them altogether -- as in, can't find them and are stuck without.

Both my husband and I have gone to prescription bifocal masks because of the annoyance. We had spent the cost of a bifocal mask in repeated DiveOptix purchases before doing so.

I have had the same problem with the dive optix staying on the lense. It's fine for a temporary fix, but you'll probably find yourself buying more than one set.

I attached one to the lower left lens as a gauge reader. She was fairly happy with it and I had no trouble with it coming loose or fogging up. But after a little over a year, we were unable to keep the lens from fogging. I replaced it with the 2nd lens. Again, no problem getting it to stick but in only a couple months the incurable fogging problem hit that one also. I concluded that the surfaces must have changed a bit with age causing the fogging problem.

Nothing that a set of bifocal prescription couldn't cure. It hurts the back pocket a bit but she is thrilled with everything she can see clearly now that was a problem before. I never realized she was not seeing the anemone crabs and other stuff like that.

I had a pair of these and they lasted in the mask for a couple of dives. Then I got a DEMA deal on a Sea Vision with the ground-in -2.0 gauge readers that I loved EXCEPT for the fact that I got the red-tinted mask instead of clear lenses.
This mask works great - so well that I used it on night dives as well. I have old eyes now and presbyopia is just a fact of life.
My main mask now is my old Hydrooptix -4.5. I wear one contact in my right eye and nothing in my left. I can see super close now for photography.
I pretty much just dive from my own boat now so it's always right next to me when I surface. Otherwise I couldn't ID it from a quarter-mile away with a surface lens.
Lots of people love the Dive Optix stick-ins but I view them as totally worthless junk for diving that you will lose within 10 dives.
This is my own opinion of course.

I'm far sighted and I just need a little help with the gauges. I put in the stick on DiveOptix lenses almost two years and about 30 dives ago. Still in place.
I like them.

Back
Top Bottom