new Atomic mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Miami_Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
has anyone gotten a hold of the new Atomic mask?
I know they just started shipping them out this month. they suppost to have a revolutionary glass with no coating.

My LDS just got in both models that have the new glass,,,very nice!!

My wife and I just bought a couple of the frameless version. Fit is very good and vis is much better than our old masks. That was the main point for us because we're getting into UW photogrphy. Where we're in New England it'll be a little while before we get them in the water though.

Check out Underwater Unlimited, South Beach Divers, or Divers Den Miami

no coating?
So do we still use toothpaste on it before the first use? I just grabbed one today, I'll be using it Thursday or Friday... I haven't done anything to it, yet, but I just assumed that it would be the same as any other mask.

it has nothing to do with no coating, it is called starfire glass wich is low iron. Instead of having the normal green tint like most all glass has, it is crystal clear. I believe msrp is around $95 for the frameless and slightly less for the other model.

They retail for $124 Cdn at my LDS. Which is pricey, but luckily I don't pay retail.

Do you think this mask would fit on smaller faces? I want to buy this for my girlfriend, but I'm not sure if it'll work.

DynaMike:
Do you think this mask would fit on smaller faces? I want to buy this for my girlfriend, but I'm not sure if it'll work.

I hope somebody can answer this question for you, but if not, I'm going to be going to my not-so-local dive shop this weekend or beginning of next week to check one out.

I'm female and have a small face and haven't been able to find a mask that fits me without leaking. Some have leaked really badly, others a bit less, but I've never had one that didn't leak at all or had just a the normal slight leak.

I'm going to be looking at the Mares X-Vision Mid as well, but am really hoping that the Atomic will fit.

If nobody gets back to you about the Atomic before I get down to the dive shop, I'll get back to you here and let you know how it worked out for me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom