Which size?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sandman12

Registered
Reaction score
When I bought my free diving fins on-line the sizr chart didn't mach my shoe size so I got the wrong size. To avoid that with buying my jet pros im asking here :).

I wear a size 11-11.5 in nike., which jet fin size is best for me?

Thanks
James

Hey Sandman, you might check http://www.kidspot.org/personal/scuba for the sizing chart there - Much will depend on your wet/dry boot as much as your street shoe size. Most likely you're looking at an XL Jet, or Turtles (larger Jet clone) the XXL will be much too large and the Large Jets will be way to small... Do you know what boots you'll be wearing? If they are quite thick hardsoled boots (rockboots, lugsoles etc..) You'll probably be needing Turtles, if they are thin softsoled boots, XL Jets are probably your closest match.

Aloha, Tim

btw - Are you meaning original Jet fins, or Twin Jets (they get mixed up here on the board quite often lol)

XL jets are your best bet with regular wetboots. Mine fit pretty well with EU size 44 and 45 6mm neoprene boots like this. The conversion to US only goes up 43 (10.5) on that site, but I guess, 44 and 45 would be 11 and 11.5, respectively. However, it's a pretty tight fit, so with thicker or larger boots I might not make it.

For drysuit diving I use turtles with size 11 trek boots.

Edit: With bare feet the Medium jets would fit me okay, with just neoprene 3mm socks I'd use the Large jets, but the foot pockets aren't the most comfortable so I'd recommend hardsole boots even in warmer waters which for me means XL jets.

I have a pair of Neo 3MM boots I got from the LDS. They have a hard sole but it's not like a shoe, it's hard/soft. XL's sound good.

A friend of mine wears size 11 converse hightops in his XL's - he had to shave off the "trim" along the sides, but they fit fine then... just another option ... and they make great dive boots imho :wink:

sweet, might have to do that. Now just need to decide what color converse's to get :).

lol - probably wear a pair of neoprene socks inside the to make them more comfortable and for a bit of insulation - mostly drysuit divers wear them to replace rockboots, but they should work wet as well ...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom