X-Vision Mid - Black Skirt?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BurBunny

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Tried on an X-Vision Mid today and absolutely loved the fit (similar to the Cressi Lince, but seemed to have a better field of view which I was looking for). Finally good options for narrow faces!

However it appears it doesn't come with a black skirt. What, photographers aren't supposed to have narrow faces? HELP!

Any potential of a black skirt in the near future? Pretty please?

BurBunny:
Tried on an X-Vision Mid today and absolutely loved the fit (similar to the Cressi Lince, but seemed to have a better field of view which I was looking for). Finally good options for narrow faces!

However it appears it doesn't come with a black skirt. What, photographers aren't supposed to have narrow faces? HELP!

My LDS was having a big sale a few weeks ago and lots of factory reps were on hand. I asked the Mares rep this exact question. He hinted that the black-skirted model was on the way, but wouldn't say when.

That's good to hear! I sure hope it's sooner rather than later, though I'm not holding my breath for next month's trip :( But since I got a good price on the Lince, that should work for me for now.

Maybe by July for the next trip? I hope, I hope? Would it help if I went to Italy in June and would be happy to pick one up there? :wink:

BurBunny,

We are glad to hear you like and also fit the new X-Vision mid mask. We are very pleased with the response and feedback re: the X-Vision mid. We are currently offering this mask in 3 colors, (clear/blue, Clear/blue fog (she dives collection) and the clear/white light blue). We also recognize black is an important color for many divers for various applications and preferences. I spoke w/ our director of Sales Phil Mintz and he informed me we should expect the black/black X-Vision mid for our next season. We don't have an exact date for release as of yet. Once again thanks for your inquiry and keep your eyes out for it later in the fall.

Good diving to you,

Zak
District Sales Manager
Mares Diving

I'll be looking for it in the fall, too... my wife has a tiny face, too!

BurBunny:

I second that about the black skirt....O wait your talking about a mask!

Back
Top Bottom