Force Fins ...Honest Feedback

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Footslogger

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Anyone out there who's used (or now uses) Force Fins feel like commenting on them ??

'Slogger

Footslogger:
Anyone out there who's used (or now uses) Force Fins feel like commenting on them ??

'Slogger

My wife uses them...and can motor away from anyone...:D
But then again she had 20 plus years in ballet to build VERY strong legs...:D :D

Well ...I'm no spring chicken but I've used USD Rocket Fins for the past 30 years. So, it the thing with Force Fins that they require a lot of leg strength ??

I've always wanted to try them but didn't want to pay the original price. Now that the price has come down a tad I'm giving them a second look.

Interested in hearing from people who have experience with them in terms of how they compare with other fins on the market.

'Slogger

I have always been an advocate of Force Fins on this forum.

I first used Force Fins (a pair of Pros and a pair of Excellerators) four years ago and I have never used anything else since (apart from when I am testing fins, of course). I have a pair of Pros that I use with my drysuit in the UK, and then a pair of Excellerators and a pair of Flying Force prototypes that I use with my 3mm and 5mm wetsuits. I dive them in all conditions – currents, deep, photography, carrying loads of crap, bombing after errant buddies, etc, etc – and I have never had any issues whatsoever. They are great for packing, walking about on boats in, climbing ladders in, moving about underwater in, backing up. Everything I want from a pair of fins.

I know that people either like them or loathe them, but I am firmly in the first camp. I have got used to how they work, and I think they are ace, but heh, each to their own... I don't give a crap what anyone says about my fins (or any of my other kit, for that matter) as it works for me and that is all that matters.

JMHO

Mark

There's a love/hate thing going on with Force Fins; I didn't care for them & gave them to my buddy who loves the critters. He's often diving in strong currents lugging stuff & gets excellent performance out of them.
I probably didn't give them a chance though, they felt too limp to me. I normally use the good old Duck Feet that are stiff as boards.

Walter:
They work with a bicycle kick. Of course, it's more efficient to simply fix your technique.

My wife doesn't use a bicycle kick...looks more like a very tight swimming crawl kick when she is really moving... and her frog kick seem to have her cover fair amounts of distance as well...:D

MarkUK:
I first used Force Fins (a pair of Pros and a pair of Excellerators) four years ago and I have never used anything else since (apart from when I am testing fins, of course). I have a pair of Pros that I use with my drysuit in the UK, and then a pair of Excellerators and a pair of Flying Force prototypes that I use with my 3mm and 5mm wetsuits.
========================================
How do the Pro's compare with the "Originals" ?? I'm thinking of trying a pair of the originals with just a lycra sock for tropical diving/photography. Fast swimming isn't my gig and I have grown somewhat averse to the longer blades on the modern fins. That's one of the reasons (among many) that I have stuck with my USD Rockets all these years.

Thanks,

'Slogger

I have been diving the pro force fins for ten years and can make any fin kick, back up whatever...with doubles in a drysuit I am not satisfied with them....I have been using Quattros and I am not happy with them either, I have some Jet clones coming to try out ...hopefully they will work as I akin them to probably "granny gear' which will give me the torque required....most people who don't like force fins really don't know how to dive them...they require very little effort to move you about...all I ever use is my ankles most of the time unless I need speed for some reason then I go into a straight leg short quick swimmers kick and off you go...also you will never get a cramp using them unlike other fins.
Yarg

Started with regular FF, wife liked them for photography. Took some getting used too for me, wanted to kick with legs instead of ankles. Air consumption went way down, comfort way up. Mind you this was before split fins became popular. Been using Tan Deltas last 5 years, do feel a bit stronger rebound effect. Still do not find comfortable for snorkeling. Cheap pair of Aqualung Otaries full pockets, works for this.

Back
Top Bottom