Getting the most otta FF Excellerating?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SangP

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,

There seems to be some interests in FF recently.

I've been using either my Jets or Apollos for most of my dives and completely fogot bout my FF Excellerating LOL!

Having moved on to frog kicks mostly, I'm curious bout how well the excellerating would work with frog kicks as I would really hate to pack 2 sets of fins just to test them out on my trips.

Anyone who has both jets and Excellerating fins who can tell me which works better for frog kicks?

Also, do they work better with or without the whiskers for frog?

Cheers,

SangP

I can frogkick in my Excellerating Force Fins just fine, and it makes no difference what position (or whether you've got them fitted) where the whiskers are (I've got batwings on mine).

Mark

Hi MarkUK,

Thanks for your reply and I was really wondering bout the frog kicks since the fins were designed more for downward kicks rather than upward kicks.

If that's the case the frog should not work as well on FF?

Btw Mark, if you had could compare jets to Excelleration FFs, which is better for Frogs?

Cheers,

SangP

This is for MarkUK. I have the FF Excellerating with Whiskers and find them to be an excellent fin, better than the FF PROs. The narrower blade makes kicking easier. They are stiffer and feel more like a conventional fin, but with that great comfortable open toe foot pocket and flex on the return. I saw you use them with Sharks Teeth. My question is, it appears you have tried Whiskers on them also. Would you offer a comparison of them to Sharks Teeth on the FF Excellerating?

SangP, can't comment on Jets too much, as I have used them but not extensively and I didn't like 'em. However, while the real power stroke of the FF Excellerating fins is the downstroke, you can motor along quite nicely frogkicking. They are longer and thinner than Pros, as Breathless said, and so this helps, but having said that, I can frogkick well in my Flying Force and Pros as well.

Breathless, I haven't used Shark's Teeth on FF Excellerating, just Whiskers and Bat Wings. Not a huge difference between the two, either, I have found.

Mark

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom