Jets or Quattros???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OzeDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
Ok i should have enough money by Thursday to get some fins for myself I am tossing up between the ScubaPro Jet Fins and Mares Plana Avanti Quattros

none of the LDS's around here have jet fins to try but i have tried the mares 'hp'? or 'tre' i think they were.they felt a bit stiff and hurt my ankles a little bit. It was only my fourth dive and my first dive with open heeled fins so i dunno???

or any other good fins around the $200 mark?

thanks in advanced
Jordan

Scubapro Jets, hands down. But don't pay even 1/2 of $200 US for them.

I had the Quattro's, and eventually migrated to the Jet's. Very different fins, but the Jet's are more responsive. YMMV. Now my Quattro's are sitting gathering dust.

Mike

where would you recommend to get them. it has to be on the internet and be able to post to australia. thx

Mate, i think Sporty's Warehouse stocks them in Bundall

Cheers,

JE

I have both but like the Quatros for most dives. Spring heels for sure, the straps on the Mares Quatros are a nightmare in the water. The jets have more power, but I like a longer fin.

Another vote for Jets.

catherine96821:
I have both but like the Quatros for most dives. Spring heels for sure, the straps on the Mares Quatros are a nightmare in the water. The jets have more power, but I like a longer fin.

I have both also and recommend spring straps like Catherine. I use the Quattros for a tad more lift when I am diving a heads-up type rebreather. I use the jets for everything else - wetsuits and for heads-down type rebreathers. In short, both get the job done. They are my favorites out of a set of 7 different types of fins (Plana, Diverite, IDI, Cressi etc.).

catherine96821:

I don't know anything about the Quatros, but the XL and XXL jets have a relatively longer blade than M and L jets. I use the XL's, and I wouldn't want the blade to be any longer than it is...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom