foggy mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hedonist222

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi all!

Bought a Mares X vision mask a week ago. I cleaned both the inside and outside with toothpaste. Still fogs up a bunch while snorkeling.

Whats the general concensus on fogging?
Tooth paste before every dive/snorkel?

Um, did you rinse the toothpaste? That usually does impair the vision.

Do you spit or put de-fog in your mask right before you dive?

Yep, definitely washed and cleaned the glass from toothpaste.

I spit a lot, well not in one go, but frequently while snorkeling. Doesnt do much or maybe im not noticing enough. I do notice that the mask frequently fogs up. I make it a point to breathe from my mouth because I realize that little exhales of sniffs from the nose will cause hot air to float in the mask and cause fog. I did not use a defogger yet.

Don't worry about it--I'm sure we're all guilty of doing the same, especially when new to the Board.

Johnson & Johnson's Baby Shampoo.

One drop on each lens, smear around, rinse.

The K

You should put some Sea Drops in it before every dive and make sure you do it and let it dry for a few minutes then right before you get in the water rinse it out and put it on. You should be good to go....hope this helps.......Sea Drops rule and so does Mares X-Vision

Back
Top Bottom