Cressi Big Eye or Matrix-differences and lenses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubamickey

I'm a GIRL!
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I was thinking about getting a new mask either the Cressi Big Eye or the Matrix. I don't see a difference between them. Anybody know it is?
I also need prescription inserts and the only ones I see are for the Big Eye. But they look like they fit the Matrix.

I want to semi-retire my Aqualung Look and leave it as a backup mask. But I'm limited in my mask choices because I am a female with a typically small female face.

I like these 2 masks because of the downward view and frameless effect you supposedely get underwater.

Any thoughts?

I looked at both when buying. I liked Matrix more but had to take Big Eyes because that was the one that came with Rx lenses. I do not think the lenses are interchangeable.

Buddy has Matrix and has been very happy with it. Several people I know have been happy with their Big Eyes too. Now - I didn't have that good luck with Big Eyes, so what lenses do you need? :) Brand spanking new and going cheap with minus lenses...

piikki:
I looked at both when buying. I liked Matrix more but had to take Big Eyes because that was the one that came with Rx lenses. I do not think the lenses are interchangeable.

Buddy has Matrix and has been very happy with it. Several people I know have been happy with their Big Eyes too. Now - I didn't have that good luck with Big Eyes, so what lenses do you need? :) Brand spanking new and going cheap with minus lenses...

-3.00 and -1.50 is my prescription.

What didn't work for you?

I bought a big eyes mask back in November I think. It's become my regular mask. Works well for me. One of the few that did.

I got a Big Eyes 2 years ago and have done about 30 dives in Mexico with it. I got the yellow with clear skirt. So far I love it. Fits great, very light, real good vision all around. Not too expensive either. I don't know anything about the prescription lenses ( I had Lasix 5 years ago !), but the mask is great.

Good luck

I have both, I prefer the Matrix I have a long thin face and the Matrix fits a little better and has a smaller volume for easier clearing. I like them both but the Matrix feels a little smaller on my face. Try them both on at a store and see which fits best.

Not to confuse by throwing more masks into the mix, but since fit is foremost, the new X-Vision Mid, is included in our new She Dives collection. Products designed by women for women divers. This mask fits great on women and also people with more narrow faces. So far the response has been terrific from the mentioned people. In addition it has a huge field of vision down and up. Great buckle system as well.

Good luck.
X-vision_mid_blu_fog_mask.jpg

Oooops. I also forgot to mention this mask supports optics from -1.5 - 7 in .5 increments.

Zak OHara:
Oooops. I also forgot to mention this mask supports optics from -1.5 - 7 in .5 increments.

Thanks for the info. I will check that one out as well. Hopefully someone in Anchorage is carrying it. I can't even get the new Trilastic rashguards here.

Back
Top Bottom