Little Gem of a Mask... IST Panorama

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SangP

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,

With all this talk bout Mares X-Vision Mid, Atomics Ultraclear and the like I thought to mention this little mask.

Found it at the recent ADEX in Singapore and I gotta say it's super.

Unlike some masks, this has a machined alu frame (little chance of breakage) with the windows very close together.

This results in a mask with little or no frontal bind spot almost like a single window mask.

Coupled with the Alu frame it really makes for a small folderble package just than 1cm wide. Unlike a frameless mask, where there is a possibility of the glass separating from frame the framed mask is just that bit more durable IMO.

Downward viewing angles are not as good as the Atomics or the Tusa Viewtrek but better than the Apollo Bio Metal.

Another mask that was impressive was the Sporasub Star and Star Elite. Very well made, low volume and fits like a glove. I wouldn't mind using it for both diving and snorkling/freediving (that's if I did any freediving lOL)!

SangP

Back
Top Bottom