Oceanic Stand Behind Its' Customers:Snorkels

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jim T.

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I just wanted to let prospective snorkel purchasers know that along with their computers, etc., Oceanic stands behind its' customers and products with excellent customer service and warrantees/guarantees.

I have truly loved my Oceanic Ultra Dry snorkel and considered it the best one (for me anyway) I'd used in 30 yrs. of on again, off again diving. Not a drop of water in it, ever.
So...I was extemely bummed when it disappeared from my mask in 300Ft. of water
on a boat dive. The keeper was still attatched to my mask but failed and Oceanic made it right, immediately, with no questions asked other than to send them a copy of my purchase receipt. Very very cool. If "you" are shopping around for dry snorkels, check on this forum via search and you'll see nothing but positive comments about the Ultra Dry. I own several Oceanic products and I like the company's quality and support. I'll be sure to buy more of them due to the above.

Just wanted to put a good word for a company that stands behind us AND participates on this board! (Cerich)

Impressive. Both for Oceanic and for you keeping a sales receipt for 30 yrs :wink:
Do I understand correctly that the keeper broke and thus the snorkel fell?

The UltraDry been out less than a year.

homo maris:
Impressive. Both for Oceanic and for you keeping a sales receipt for 30 yrs :wink:
Do I understand correctly that the keeper broke and thus the snorkel fell?
best one he'd used in 30 years, not for 30 years ...

I love my Oceanic Ultra Dry Snorkel. Absolutely no water in it, ever. I don't always wear my snorkel while diving but I do use it for snorkeling in between dives.

homo maris,
Well...I got the joke :) I'm not sure what happened exactly. The keeper looked fine.
The snorkel will have to get analyzed by Neptune's crew...:) Could've been something somebody did trying it on at the shop or something-all that mattered in the end was that I've got a replacement with a receipt form Oceanic (which was a nice surprise, actually) and I'm a happy diver! Now I can put my black open bored rubber tube FROM 30 yrs. ago, back in the save a dive box! :)

jim T.:
I just wanted to let prospective snorkel purchasers know that along with their computers, etc., Oceanic stands behind its' customers and products with excellent customer service and warrantees/guarantees.
I definitely agree with that statement. Oceanic has outstanding customer service with employees that actually want their customers to be satisifed. I had excellent service by Doug Krause with respect to my Oceanic Atom. I could not have asked for better service. This is the type of company you want to support.
I have the Oceanic foldable snorkel and have not had any issues with it. I would recommend this for people that don't necessarily like having a snorkel dangling from their mask. Just stow and go!

Back
Top Bottom