Jet Master fins?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marek K

Contributor
Reaction score
OK all you historic Jet Fin experts...

I got a pair of fins back probably in the late 1960s, and used them for snorkeling. I then used them after getting scuba certified in the mid-80s. I found they're too stiff for me, and my son is using them now.

See attached image... They're marked "Jet Master;" and are a bit different in design than the current Jets, particularly around the vents... but definitely solid black rubber, negatively buoyant, and not showing much wear...

I can't find any Internet references... Are they related to current Jets?

--Marek

Walter:
They look more like Rockets than Jets. Is there anything other than "Jet Master" on them, like a brand name?
So, what's the difference between Jets and Rockets?

No, no brand... I figured Jet Master was the brand back then? Only other marking is on the bottom of the fins, just forward of the foot opening... "FITS ALL SIZES."

I replaced the original rubber straps only two years ago when my son started using them... they were still intact, but showing signs of cracking. Hardware's original... stainless, apparently; no sign of deterioration.

--Marek

Walter:
They look more like Rockets than Jets. Is there anything other than "Jet Master" on them, like a brand name?
================================
I agree. I've got 2 pair of Rocket Fins (circa 1971) and with the exception of the logo they look identical to the fins in your picture.

'Slogger

Walter:
Jets actually work, Rockets give very little thrust for the effort.
================================
Don't agree with this. Tried both and own/use the Rockets. Plenty efficient for the effort.

'Slogger

I dove Rockets for many, many years & now dive Jets. I really can't say that there seems to be much difference to me.

Rockets were US Diver's knock-off of Jets, not identical though. Those look like knock-offs of Rockets.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom