tusa xpert zooms or apolo bio fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You will probably get opposing and contradicting info...
Many like the split fins and many dont. I for one, dont like the split fins. I have a pair of zooms and there isnt anything zooming about them at all. For ME, they are very poor performers in currents....and yes I know about the modified kick required to use them successfully.

I use the Mares Avanti Quattros and love them. I rue the day they break or the airlines looses them.

aga mk2:
tusa xpert zooms or apolo bio fins I would love to hear your opinions

Our store sells both and they are both very good fins. Since we put the Apollo fins in, it seems that our walk-in customers prefer the Apollo fins. I personally have taken a pair off the shelf and put them in my bag. I can't wait to use them. I will tell you this......they seem to be REALLY comfortable in the foot pocket. And I love the fact that they are negatively buoyant. Many divers already have a little trouble with their "feet" floating a little when diving in a wetsuit. I think the Apollo Bio-Fin will help in that regard. MDB, or Michael as he is known in the real world, is a frequent contributor to this board. He is always available to answer questions if you have them. Thanks.

Phil Ellis

My girlfriend and I both use the Tusa's. They are very comfortable and reduce the fatigue and cramping I would occasionally get from my Quattro's. Best of all, they were pretty inexpensive compared to other split fins.

I have the Tusa full foot splits and the Biofins with spring straps. I like the Tusa's for snorkeling, but for diving, it's the Biofins. Very comfy and non-fatiguing.

I love my tusas (see avatar). Wouldn't trade them for anything.

Apollo Bio gets my vote. I have the Bio fins and love them. Tried the Zoom fins, but felt they were more stiff than I liked, so I sold them. You might also want to try teh Scubpro Twin jets .. have those also and love them.

I have used both fins and I have to agree that they are both very comfortable.

Tusa fins: I enjoyed these fins a lot, and they are so comfortable I didn't even notice I was wearing them. I noticed that they didn't provide much power when surface swimming, so those long swims on shore dives before dropping to a good spot will take some time.

Apollo fins: I like the Bio-fins better than the Tusa's; this is due to the added power I get out of them in conditions with surge and strong current. Surface swimming w/ them is great, although I used these mostly for boat dives. They are comfortable and feel very "fluid" like extensions of your feet. Very nice.

I would say that price would be the deciding factor between the two fins. If you can't afford the Apollo Bio-fins, get the Tusa's--they are comfortable and great all-around performers. If you have some extra scratch, spring for the Bio-fins--you won't regret it.

thanks for all your help I have just purchased the apollo bio fins due to what people have said on this forum.

I just cant whate to try them out
once again thanks for the coments.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom