Hi all... need some HELP about fins!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dumbunny

New
Reaction score
Hi divers... I need some HELP!!!

I had a very dear friend pass away leaving me some diving equipment, including his PRIZED pair of FARALLON fins ~ which I'm thinking may be vintage. I'm hoping some of you could give me some information about them as I really need to sell them... since I am not a diver---> and know NOTHING!!

I'll do my best to describe from looking at them... they are HUGE (at least to me)! Also - in excellent condition as I don't think he's used them much (he was very ill for along time) and are in EXCELLENT condition! The rubber fin part is 23" long... they have what I would consider to be an ankle brace in orange... and are hinged with an adjustable sliding round "bar" and a dial on each side of each fin showing the numbers 1,2 & 3...

ANY information anyone could give me would be VERY MUCH appreciated... age? approximate value?? What type of fins are they considered to be... ex: snorkeling, diving... pro???

THANKS TO ALL OF YOU WHO TAKE THE TIME TO HELP OUT... A DUMBUNNY!!!

*I'll probably be posting more questions about the other dive gear he left me as soon as I can find the stuff I've had in the shed since before the winter....

chriscarey@metrocast.net

I just saw a pair of what you are describing on www.vintagescuba.com. I would imagine some of the individuals on this board are members of that web site. You can send them an e-mail and they should be able to tell you the history of these fins.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom