Aeris Barracuda UltraDry Snorkel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Trixxie

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
barracuda.jpg

Has anyone tried the Aeris Barracuda UltraDry Snorkel yet?

barracudaultradry.jpg

Two things.

It is the same as the Oceanic Ultradry. There are many positive reviews on here, just search Oceanic Ultradry

You live in Atlanta, my sales territory. Please buy an Oceanic Ultradry!:D

It is an excellent (conventional) snorkel. I had one; which I lost on a wreck dive. (I know.....it is an old story.) Needless to say, I graduated on to a foldable snorkel, which spends most of its dive time in my BC pocket.

quick question.

Doesnt it flood as soon as you take it out of your mouth to put your reg in? I could see this snorkel being very useful if all you did was snorkeling but what about scuba? Soon as you go under it seems like water would flow in the mouthpiece. Am I right or just not seeing something?

You are correct.

PuyallupCoug:
quick question.

Doesnt it flood as soon as you take it out of your mouth to put your reg in? I could see this snorkel being very useful if all you did was snorkeling but what about scuba? Soon as you go under it seems like water would flow in the mouthpiece. Am I right or just not seeing something?

Many students have asked me what is the best position for a snorkel when diving. Bottom of the dive bag is my most common response. But when snorkeling, the Aeris is a cool snorkel.

I have a Oceanic Ultra-Dry which is the same thing. I used it about two weeks ago while on vacation. Iv'e used probably 20 different snorkels and it's the best yet.

don't buy an oceanic, I literally took it on 2 dives and on the third it broke, the barracuda is a really nice snorkel, my instructor uses it and hasnt had any problems with it. The oceanic might be cheaper but you really get way you pay for ( a cheap pile of *****)

Evil :bgmad:

Back
Top Bottom