Atomic Aquatics full foot split fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DVW1726

Registered
Reaction score
I sold my open-heel dacor tigers and bought a set of black scubapro twinjet foot pockets. I like foot pockets fins for travel, plus they're better for snorkeling. Unfortunatly the twinjets were a little tight after about 10 minutes of snorkeling. I do admit the performance of the twinjets was far more impressive then the tigers. So I'm sold on split fins. I'm considering the Atomics because the fit much better then the twinjets. Has anyone tried the Atomics. I read they had excellent reviews in 2005, but everyone that sells them locally can't give me any feedback. Most dive shops obviously don't get a chance to try out all the gear they sell. So here I am.

I love my atomic full foot splits. The only con to them is their size which makes them difficult to pack in non-dive luggage sometimes.

The Atomic Bio Fin is the best full-foot fin I've ever used. Natural rubber construction makes them heavy on land (not in the water), but the extra bulk is definitely worth it. They are smooth and effortless, feel like silk, ultra comfortable, and very efficient. If you have small, narrow feet, you may need a boot or neoprene sock. They run wide and large.

I just got a set of the new, and supposedly improved, version. So far, I love'm! They're a smaller/sleeker profile, as well as being much lighter and quicker responding, than my regular Apollo Bio Fin Pro XT C-Series (best open-heel, in my opinion). Very comfortable and nimble, with plenty of power. Great travel alternative whenever you don't have need of an open-heel. My Bio Fins are still faster, but the Atomics are definitely the best full-foots that I've ever tried/owned. I got the next smaller size-range from my shoe size. They were pretty tight in the shop, but once I got'm in the water they were perfect. Full-foots will stretch a bit too, so I'd make sure they're a good snug fit if you decide to get a pair.

Hope this helps!

Back
Top Bottom