Destroyed Mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kaitlyn1521

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Dogs will be dogs. Enough said :11doh:

Anyhow, I am not overly concerned- I was sort of delaying the inevitable but now it seems I have no other choice! New mask time! hehe

Looking for low volume/ black
I’ve had my eye on either the SeaVision Tec2500 or the Oceanic Shadow

Can any owners out there sway me either way?

You going to be diving in Ca? or else where in the world? I like Seavisions ultra masks, Never dove the tec2500 though. I am a big fan of the color correcting lenses as well I have a Yellow lense for night and low vis diving IE Quarries, and a Red lens for warmer water to bring the reds back in after the light gets filtered out.

I dive the ultra 2000 and last years version of the 2600, not sure what to call it i don't like that one as much doesn't fit perfect. . .

1_T_Submariner:
Can I ask why Black? Just wondering if it helps focus etc....

DIR

I too prefer black. Snorkeling is when black really comes in handy. Try this experiment...turn on a light, then stand or sit off to the side with your clear skirted mask on. Notice the glare on the inside of your lense? Now cover that side of your mask with your hand and the glare goes away. The black skirt does that for you. They say some people get tunnel vision and are not comfortable with wearing black. Fortunately it does not affect me. I also tend to have a camera with me on most every dive. Now they say for night dives clear is better as you can see your buddies light through the sides. It is all personal preference. I use a Mares X-Vision so I can not comment on the masks the OP is asking about, but I am very happy with my Mares.

Hmm! I suppose I'm also willing to expand my options if anyone has other good black/low vol masks to recommend. :colgate:

The majority of my diving this summer will be in Ontario (Great Lakes/Surrounding area) but do go on vacation a few times a year down south (Mex, FL).
Thanks again for the input

Kaitlyn1521:
Dogs will be dogs. Enough said :11doh:

Anyhow, I am not overly concerned- I was sort of delaying the inevitable but now it seems I have no other choice! New mask time! hehe

Looking for low volume/ black
I’ve had my eye on either the SeaVision Tec2500 or the Oceanic Shadow

Can any owners out there sway me either way?

Dog ate mask?

Are you sure the dog's not a diver too? Maybe he was trying it for fit.

I love my Oceanic Shadow. It's my backup that I use all the time as my primary.

Back
Top Bottom