Genesis Response Fin Strap Problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tstormdiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I have a pair of Genesis Response fins that I really like other than a problem with the strap. It seems to have (for lack of a better description) a 2 stage buckle. By unclipping to the first stage it allows the strap to move freely through the buckle. By unclipping to the second stage you completely unbuckle the strap. Twice now I have had the buckle move to the first stage and the strap come loose and swim out of the fin. As a new diver in cold & murky quarry water, with a thick, bulky and motion restricting wet suit, it is very unsetteling to have happen. The fact that the second time it happened after I made sure that it was all the way clamped down before getting into the water is getting on my nerves and has now ruined 2 dives. The first time it happened the fins were new and I didn't realize that it had the 2 stage buckle, so since that first time I have always made sure that the buckle is clamped all the way down, before entering the water, to try to prevent this. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Any suggestions? As I stated earlier I really like the ease & the feel of the fins, but I'm just tired of losing them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom