Mares open heel fins....size?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brian.Bergh

Registered
Reaction score
Hi

im going to buy a pair of MAres Quattro Excel and maybe Volo Power later both openheel fins.

Then come in 3 sizes i see, Small, regular/standard and X-Large.

I use EuroSize 44. what size would you recommend my to buy?

Brian,

You are most likely a large. Will depend somewhat on what kind of Boot you are diving with. If it has a very thick sole, or a drysuit boot, you may jump to an XL.

If you've had a Mares fin before, the sizing will be the same. If you are unsure I would try one on with the boot you are currently diving with.

Best,

Thx problem that im buying online :-( cant try it first... i use a inner sock 1,5mm + a 5mm diving boot.

Happely i got 14 days return rights for free.

The guy in the store said i should use a size Large. as he said that a regular size would be to small for a size 44.

Disturbing that a Mares sales person says something else.

Can you maybe tell me how i should determine better what size i should use?

Brian,

You are most likely a large. Will depend somewhat on what kind of Boot you are diving with. If it has a very thick sole, or a drysuit boot, you may jump to an XL.
Our fin sizing is a follows. Small, Regular(large), and XLarge. I said large but if you are to look on the back of the fin it says regular, sorry for the confusion. I say with the boots you are wearing you will still be a size regular/large. I have seen and fiitted many people with very big soled boots, like rock boots etc, that push them over into a bigger foot pocket. I don't think this is the case for you.

Ok i will get the fins tomorrow and will try them on, and if you are right i will have to send them back. sad that dealers of your fins that think themselves proffesionels sell wrong size fins.

Brian.Bergh:
The guy in the store said i should use a size Large. as he said that a regular size would be to small for a size 44.

QUOTE]

Brian, The way I read it is the guy in the store is saying the same thing. A size regular / large is the one for you. Is this not what he said? Maybe you and the store are not communicating correctly?

ARgh sorry he meant an X-large. the store had small + regular and Xlarge. i talked with him over the phone just to be sure, email is not doing it for me when i buy something :).

And he said i need the X-LArge becouse Regular size was for size 40-43. i even told him about the boot i was thinking on wearing. anyway as its the only store i know of in denmark who sells Mares Fins, so i could not compare with anything. and im not knowing much about the diving equipment world to really argument with him, other then descriping in detail my need and experinces.

Sad i have to use further money on getting another size...dammit.

Maybe i dont know if i tomorrow post some pictures, maybe you can say if they fit or not?

Brian, determing fit and size whether it is a garment or a pair of fins, is very hard to be exactly accurate without physically trying them on. I understand your dilemma of not have a store close to you, for that I am sorry and clearly you are trying your best by calling. I am also converting euro foot sizing into US sizing which also makes it a little more challenging for me. It very well could be the guy in the store is correct. He may also guessing on the more liberal side as it is easier to use a fin that is too big, rather than one that is too small. So having said that, don't worry about posting pics, sounds like the fins are one their way, and hopefully they are the right fit! We at Mares thank you for choosing our product, and I look forward to hearing that you received the right size the first time. I am sure you'll enjoy them.

Sincerely,

I will report back tomorrow, and tell you if they fitted or not. could also help you in the future when answering questions.

Anyway hope that a quality brand as Mares have a system of controling bad traders of there equipment :)

Brian thanks again. We work dilligently at controlling the distribution of our products on a worldwide level.

Best,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom