Excellerating Force Fins vs. Extra Force Fin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ApexLongimanus

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Does anyone know the difference between these two?

The Extra Force have a broader blade, more like the shape of a normal Force Fin, and are supposed to be the most-powerful of all Force Fins, but I opted for the Excellerating FF after using both as I found they both offered the same amount of thrust, but I could frogkick and back up better with the Excellerating - plus, I liked the look of them better than the Extra Force Fin.

Mark

But that price is for the Tan Delta specials, the normal versions retail for half that, and if you shop around, you can get them for significantly less. Yeah, still more than most other fins, but these things last for years and still perform. Each to their own, but I like 'em...

Mark

Thank you, Mark. Really appreciated.

Are you using the tan delta or regular polyurethane?

I read somewhere that the tan delta's start cracking after 4-5 years.... Do you know anything of that?

My Excellerating Force Fins are the normal polyurethane, but mine are a light blue colour and stiffer than the normal black version. Bob made them for me.

That is complete bollocks about the Tan Deltas cracking. I am not saying there haven't been any, but I've never heard of them, and my good friend Lawson Wood, who is a world-renowned underwater photographer and author, has had a pair of Tan Delta Force Fins for over 15 years and apart from the usual scratches, they are just as good in the water as the day he got them.

I constantly get people taking the piss out of my Force Fins when I travel, but heh, I like 'em, I know they perform in all conditions, and I couldn't give a flying ******* what anyone thinks, so if they work for you, good on ya, man!

Mark

I hear you....
I've been using the Force Fin Pro for quite some time and I am totally happy with them. Got used to the comments and smiles too...

Thank you for your input!

MarkUK:
The Extra Force have a broader blade, more like the shape of a normal Force Fin, and are supposed to be the most-powerful of all Force Fins, but I opted for the Excellerating FF after using both as I found they both offered the same amount of thrust, but I could frogkick and back up better with the Excellerating - plus, I liked the look of them better than the Extra Force Fin.

Mark

Do you happen to know how the Excellerating FF frog kick compared to the Scubapro jets?

Would you dive a silty cave or wreck with them?

You said yours are stiffer than normal, would the normal ones still work for alternate kicks?

I'm gonna try a pair of these jokers next time I'm at the pool. We have some in a box somewhere.

"I'm gonna try a pair of these jokers next time I'm at the pool. We have some in a box somewhere."

Yeah, well, go ahead. On the occasion I use my FF Pros I generally note that everyone else is trailing behind me and becoming increasingly small in my rearview.

Cons, they slap on the surface when snorkeling or swimming face/belly down. They work fine surface swimming on your back however. They don't frog kick all that well compared to my Super Jets but Jimmy Crack Corn and I don't care! Sometimes I feel like FFs and sometimes I don't. I love mine but that said, when the dive involves unknowns, heavy equipment and who knows what, it is the arch killing super uncomfortable macho killer Super Jets I reach for all the while cursing them. N

Back
Top Bottom