Do Bio Fin foot pockets tend to be larger than other fins (for rock boots)?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rob9000

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
No LDS around me has Bio Fins in my size and am considering ordering online with rush shipping to get them in time for a trip. I have a 13 foot....will the LL size accommodate a rock boot better or worse than other XL/LL fins? I have some Aqualung fins...they seem to have the most narrow foot pocket. Mares, Oceanic and Scubapro are a little larger.

stevead:
scubapro twin jet max size xl are huge

Yeah I have Twin Jets, but I don't like them. Because of that I do have some reservation about buying another pair of splits without pool-testing them first, but I am willing the give the Bio Fin XT a go if the foot pocket is big.

Rob9000:
Yeah I have Twin Jets, but I don't like them. Because of that I do have some reservation about buying another pair of splits without pool-testing them first, but I am willing the give the Bio Fin XT a go if the foot pocket is big.

Rob9000: The XT is a great fin, stiffer, good with alternate kicks, wider kicks etc-However, I do think that your size 13 with a DUI rock boot would fit in our LL/XL XT's.

I recently worked at the annual Underwater Sports Divers Fair, we sized lots of divers with drysuits, rock boots etc. I found myself recommending the SP fins to a few divers who fit your profile.

I sure would like to sell you a pair of XT'S. I just do not think they would fit with your current configuration.

OK Thanks mdb.....which leads to another question I posted in the Exposure Suits forum and haven't heard back on - are there other boots (other than neoprene booties) that tend to run slimmer than others?I looked at Bare - I can fit their XXL (the XXXL was kinda big with the drysuit sock and a hiking sock on my foot). The thing about the Bare boots is they have kind of a pointy part on the sides around the ball of the foot that makes them a snugger fit than they would be without that part of the side of the sole sticking out. I wonder if DUI or Pinnacle boots are any slimmer.

Many of the neoprene booties that have a rigid sole top out at size 13, so I would need at least a 14. I am also considering call around to shoe stores to find a pair of 14 or 15 Converse HiTops.

Rob9000:
OK Thanks mdb.....which leads to another question I posted in the Exposure Suits forum and haven't heard back on - are there other boots (other than neoprene booties) that tend to run slimmer than others?I looked at Bare - I can fit their XXL (the XXXL was kinda big with the drysuit sock and a hiking sock on my foot). The thing about the Bare boots is they have kind of a pointy part on the sides around the ball of the foot that makes them a snugger fit than they would be without that part of the side of the sole sticking out. I wonder if DUI or Pinnacle boots are any slimmer.

Many of the neoprene booties that have a rigid sole top out at size 13, so I would need at least a 14. I am also considering call around to shoe stores to find a pair of 14 or 15 Converse HiTops.

Rob9000: if you are in the SF bay area you have some good choices of Local Dive Stores, in SF, The Bamboo Reef, a good Aqua-Lung, Mares, and Scuba-Pro Dealer, on the Peninsula Wallins and Aquan, and in Marin, Marin Skin Diving in San Rafael, East Bay, Capt. Aqua would be a good choice.Some of these folks are Pinnacle Dealers, and some DUI. Good luck in your search.

I use Converse High Tops with my drysuit, and I really like them better than the DUI rock boots because the profile is a lot lower, which lets me use the same Jetfins (XL) as my wetsuit booties (size 9 Henderson InstaDry hard sole booties).

I use a size LL BioFin when I'm diving my splits, though, and considering my feet are size 9.5, even with the fairly large wetsuit boots I need the LL. I don't see how you're going to get size 13 feet into them in anything other than a soft-sole bootie.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom