Spring heel straps for my Jet Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheAce

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I want to buy spring heel straps fro my Jets.

Is there a consensus regarding which ones are the best? There are several brands and prices... I would love to hear your recommendations.

Also, the regular rubber strap that comes with the fins (which I have been using for the past 5 years or so) keeps the fins tightly attached to my booties and I like that feeling that the fins fit just right and stay in their place. Do the springs give you the same feeling? Somehow it looks as they are less tight than the rubber straps but I never had the chance to test them out...

Thanks!

There's a member who also makes them custom to measurements you provide. I think his user name is Wayward Son. I've bought a few springs straps from him and there are lots of good reviews on his spring straps. Do a quick search and you'll find him easily.

I have spring straps, but haven't attached them yet cause I tried the bungee method and actually like a lot. Just another alternative.

I'm currently using these ... and I think they're great.

I'd avoid the Manta springs, if I were you. The last two pairs I owned failed me ... one broke, and another set stretched out fairly quickly. I think they decided to "optimize" profits by using a cheaper grade of steel ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

If you have any DIY inclination, this is as easy a scuba DIY project as there is. Custom fit and very low cost.

There's a member who also makes them custom to measurements you provide. I think his user name is Wayward Son. I've bought a few springs straps from him and there are lots of good reviews on his spring straps. Do a quick search and you'll find him easily.

I bought a set from Wayward Son and they were at least as good in quality as ScubaPro's own spring straps at about 1/2 the price.

Back
Top Bottom