Pros and cons of Forcefins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

radarguy

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with Forcefins?
I like the egonomic design but the proof is in the pudding! I have not found a local shop that carries them yet so hard to try out.
Thanks Russ

You'll love them or hate them, there seems to be little middle ground.
On the plus side is they can come with gigantic foot pockets, wear sneakers/combat boots, etc inside of them.
They require a different kicking style in order to make them work efficiently, that's where the hate part comes in.
Try 'em before ya buy 'em, but remember they do take some practice to get the kick down.

The kick Bob is talking about is a bicycle kick, the same one you worked so hard to stop doing in your o/w class :)

Thanks Bob and Wrckwriter. I am in Orlando area and hope to find a store that will allow me to try them in my pool and return them if I can't get the kick down or just don't like them. I have 4E feet and really only need webbing between the toes. I have a hard time finding fins to fit over my feet with booties on. I am a strong swimmer and am intrigued with the ad that you don't need the strap but still want to try them before I commit.
Thanks again for the quick replies.
Russ

radar guy

i use force fins my self and like them very much, but as bob3 said they need a different style kick and it is a kick from the knees only to go forward and the ankle to go backwards, nad you can do both frog nad modified frog and helicopter kicks in force fins the only kick that doesnt work is a flutter kick(by using a flutter you will waste more energy by directing it down insteadof behind you)

if you have any other questions feel free to ask

Radarguy,
i have a set of xl blue force fins that i dove once in fresh water and twice in the pool, i will sell them cheap because i have a knee that just doesn't like me using them. let me know if they will fit your needs

bill

i have a question for you, what type of fin strokes are you doing that is causing your knees to hurt ? because forces used correctly shouldnt make your knees hurt(are you using your full leg or just the lower leg(from the knee down))

let me know

Back
Top Bottom