Welcome to ScubaBoard, an online scuba diving forum community where you can join over 205,000 divers diving from around the world. If the topic is related to scuba diving, this is the place to find divers talking about it. To gain full access to ScubaBoard (and make this large box go away) you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Participate in over 500 dive topic forums and browse from over 5,500,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
  • Post your own photos or view from well over 100,000 user submitted images.
  • Gain access to our free classifieds marketplace to buy, sell and trade gear, travel and services.
  • Use the calendar to organize your events and enroll in other members' events.
  • Find a dive buddy or communicate directly with scuba equipment manufacturers.

All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

NEW for 2014 Access SBlogbook for members. It allows you to directly upload data from your dive computer, validate your logs digitally, link your dives to photos, videos, dive centers (9,000 on file), fishes (14,000 on file) and much more.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the ScubaBoard Support Team.

Thread: Open Heel Fins for X-tra small feet?

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    50 - 99

Open Heel Fins for X-tra small feet?

Hello!

So my wife and I just got back from Cozumel, and had a great time. My wife had an equipment malfunction which we need to fix before our next trip. Her fins were too big and kept falling off, so for a quick fix we wound up jambing a washcloth in each fin pocket to push her feet out further so the straps didn't slip off.

Some details:
    Shoe size is a womens size 5. Fins were Mares avanti x3 in size x-small.

Booties:
    Deep See 5/3mm Aqua-Purge Medium Sole Low Top Boots

Does anyone know of an open heel fin that is suitable for a woman with size 5 feet? She would prefer to keep these booties, as she tried about 7 other pairs (diff manufacturers) and none fit as well as these. She loves the fins too, but not if they fall off!

Thanks!
    Mike

Jameson is SIX!

d a aquamaster gave me the
    hood...

Dives
    200 - 499
    consider changing the strap to a spring strap? if the problem is that the straps don't get tight enough, that might fix it. then again, if the problem is that the foot pocket is way too big, i don't think it would.
    ...and the days go by, water flowing under ground, into the blue again, into the silent water, under the rocks and stones, there is water underground... - talking heads

SEI/CMAS Instructor Trainer

Photos
    Nancy wears a size 4 or 5 (depending on brand) shoe. She loves her medium Scubapro Lightning Jet Fins.
    The Devil's in the details.

Disclaimer: All discussion of value, by me or anyone else, is opinion.

For a comprehensive approach to diving education, check out Scuba Educators International (SEI) Diving.

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    50 - 99
    Thank you both for the suggestions.

Walter, I checked the Scubapro jet fins offered by Leisure pro, the medium says its for a women's 9-10? Seems like a big difference? I guess my wife will have to go into a store and try them on.

SEI/CMAS Instructor Trainer

Photos
    The medium is tiny. There is no size small. They work for Nancy and she is teenie tiny.
    The Devil's in the details.

Disclaimer: All discussion of value, by me or anyone else, is opinion.

For a comprehensive approach to diving education, check out Scuba Educators International (SEI) Diving.

Defender!

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    I'm a Fish!
    My wife also has a size 4 or 5 and she also wears Scubapro medium jet fins.

At first she also had a hard time getting small booties that would fit her, but now she actually has two different models that work for her.

Good luck
    Luis

Buceador con escafandra autónoma clásica.