Mask for big face/head?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

brucetrinity

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Although it's been talked about before, I'm looking for some current recommendations for a mask that fits a wide face. I am 6'4", 240lb. and my face/head is proportional to my body type but that still means "big head". So far, the only mask I've found that doesn't weep is a Seacsub X-One. I've tried Cressi Bigeyes, a few Mares, a few Sherwood, a few Tusa. They all measure about 5" across the skirt but the difference between them and the Seacsub seems to be the skirt inner "flange" is wider (extends further). They all feel ok in a dry fit but annoyingly weep and need to be cleared every 5 minutes or so. They aren't really "leakers" but get enough water in the bottom to obscure a look-down. I like the Seacsub but they are a bit hard to find in the U.S. ... any suggestions for an alternative? Price isn't the issue since buying a bunch of masks that don't fit well gets expensive anyway.

I'm with you on the Seacsub X-One. I have two of them and wouldn't trade them for any other mask. I also have a big head so it was hard to find a mask that I liked. When I got the X-One it was a perfect fit. I bought two just in case.

You probably already know this but you never know if what works for someone else will work for you until you try it.
With that said, the one that works for me is ScubaMax MK173 frameless (the MK153 is the smaller version). Costs around $30.00 online

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom