Zeagle "Flips" fins...Has anyone actualy used these fins?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

herman

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I just bought a pair of Zeagle "Flips". They look like they are pieces of junk but for $5 for a set that are almost new, I just had to try them. Not the first time I have thrown away $5 to satisfy my curiosity :). Has anyone actually dove them?

Are you talking about the Teloz fins?

I like them when diving a wet suit. With the soft, open toed and infanately adjustablt foot pocket they're comfortable for me when few fins are. Being just a wide, fairly stiff piece of plastic they do pretty well when used to frog kick, stop or turn. After a while they take a set and get out of shape but it doesn't seem to hurt performance too bad.

when teaching. They do tend to get warped, but they are comfortable. However, I would be hard pressed to recommend them for serious diving.
YMMV

These say "Flips" on them. The logo has 2 dolphins and "The light footed power fin" molded on the blade. The main part of the fin is a flat hard plastic blade 10in wide that tapers to a foot area. Total overall length is 17 3/4 in. The foot area is a padded band that is ajustable with velcro and a plastic buckel. The padded band is attached to the plastic blade with 4 1in SS groments. Mike, if we are talking about the same fins, maybe I got a good deal after all. I would like something to travel with that fits in my suitcase and is lighter than my Mares..It just occured to me that I now own a digital camera....lets see if I can attach a picture..

Well that did not work, time to do a search...

that did not work either.

Check out the Zeagle web site and compare them to the pictures there. It sure sounds like the teloz.

If they're Teloz, They're not inexpensive.

I went to the Zeagle site and the Teleoz's are not quite what I have. The foot "pocket" looks the same but the blade shape is different. From what I have found searching the web, there use to be a company that sold "Flips" as a type of fins but they must not still be in business. The closest thing I have found are fins uses for fishihng float tubes. I may have a early prototype of Teleozs as I got them at a dive shop in Fla. If I can figure out how to post a picture, I will post one.

One more attempt at a picture of these fins

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom