New HOG TECH FIN foot pocket dimensions for L, XL, and XXL anyway

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jim Lapenta

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Large Depth 8.25 toe to arch Width 4.0 Height 3.25 at back Overall fin length 19 inches Widest Dimension Blade 9.25
Depth 10.00 toe to heel
They fit well with my Edge 5 mil boots size 8, my size 8 Pinnacle 7 mil hardsoles will not go in

X Large Depth 8.625 toe to arch Width 4.25 Height 3.375 at back Overall fin length 19.75 Widest Dimension Blade 9.875
Depth 10.5 toe to heel
These fit the hardsole boots.

XX Large Depth 9.00 toe to arch Width 4.5 Height 3.5 at back Overall fin length 20.25 Widest Dimension Blade10.5
Depth 10.75 toe to heel.
I don't have a pair of scuba boots on hand big enough to fit these.

So while you may normally wear a L, XL, etc, take note of the dimensions of your foot with the boot on. I thought I could get away with one fin for all my different set ups. Maybe if only in warm water or just diving dry. But different style boots of the same size may require different fins.

When I get a pair of mediums in I will add those. Oh yeah, the red color is really cool :cool2:.

Come standard with spring straps of course. Also in black. The length and width means they will fit in/or strapped on to a carryon size bag.:D

ega8a2yq.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those look like the Poseidon fins, which would be nice if they are imported under another brand.
The Poseidon brand fins don't seem to be readily available in the US.
Thanks for posting the dimensions Jim.

Is pricing available yet?

Cheers,
Mitch

Look like the Hollis F-1 as well. Are they as stiff?

I'm not sure about the new F-1's as both pair of mine are the prototypes but they seem a little stiffer. That could be due to the shorter length. But I have pool on Monday and Tuesday so I may take a pair to compare them. Drysuit class Monday so would be a good opportunity. Tuesday is snorkeling and skin diving. Been using my blades for that but the kids may get a kick, so to speak, out of the red fins. I have not actually flexed them side by side either out of the water. May look at that tomorrow.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

If the two holes on each side of the fin were in the middle section they would look identical to the Japanese Scubapro Jet Fin Revos, and I do mean indentical, and incidentally the Revos also come in Red. Interesting.

image.jpg

Ok, not identical.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom