Mares Opera Mask (Black & Black)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

6Gill

Reaction score
I'm about to purchase another mask and wondered if anyone had any experiences with the Mares Opera mask in black & black. I've been using the "Big Eye" mask from Cressi, however; since switching to an Atomic M-1 from a B-1 I've noticed I'm starting to get leaks. Do you have one? Do ya like it? If not why not? :dance:

I bought this mask a few months ago and it has performed well. No leaks or other quirks. I have a somewhat narrow face and it fits comfortably in all aspects. For the money, it's a good, solid, all around mask.

delt1964:
I bought this mask a few months ago and it has performed well. No leaks or other quirks. I have a somewhat narrow face and it fits comfortably in all aspects. For the money, it's a good, solid, all around mask.

Thanks for your input delt1964. :monkeydan

Are you sure its not called "The Euro-Tourismo" or something like that?

"The Euro-Tour" version comes with a bike right?

6Gill, the Opera mask is pretty good. Although, I recently switched to Mares' newer X-Vision... and I keep their older Vedra mask as my back-up. Over the Opera, both the Vedra and X-Vision have a slightly better horizontal field of vision. But I believe the Opera has a slightly lower internal volume at 103 cu. cm. vs. 105 cu. cm. for the X-Vision.

jplacson:
6Gill, the Opera mask is pretty good. Although, I recently switched to Mares' newer X-Vision... and I keep their older Vedra mask as my back-up. Over the Opera, both the Vedra and X-Vision have a slightly better horizontal field of vision. But I believe the Opera has a slightly lower internal volume at 103 cu. cm. vs. 105 cu. cm. for the X-Vision.

Yeah, thats one of the things that I liked about it was the low volume and small "footprint" on the face. I have seen pictures of the X-vision, however; my LDS didn't have one to try on. I'll keep the "big eye" for a backup. :bounce:

I use the Opera as well as carry a spare in my drysuit pocket. It works very well for me and has taken all the abuse I throw at it.

WW

I like my Opera a lot

Back
Top Bottom