best travel fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

olphart

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a pair of Mares full foot Superchannels and love them as my warm water fins. The problem is that they are way too long to fit in a carry on. Now with the airlines charging for any checked luggage it looks like I need to find a good pair of shorter fins that can get by the 22" limit somehow.

Any suggestions?

You might want to check out the HOG Tech 2 fins. Like Jet fins but a couple of inches shorter. I'm looking forward to trying out my new set.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Or the F2s. Or the OMS Slipstreams if you can find them, but they have a funky foot pocket.

I have the Mantarays - the F2's are based on them.

I'll be able to compare them to the HOG Tech 2's in a few days..as soon as I get the parcel from the post office.

Well, deja vue, Aeris Accel, lightest fin out there I bet. Designed to fit in a carry on. Performs all kicks, maneuvers well, decent power considering the small size. No spring straps needed, the supplied straps are excellent.

My normal use fins are Mares Avanti and Scubapro Jet. The 21 inch long Accels are less than half the weight of the Jets and much shorter (and lighter) than the Mares and unlike both of those, like I said, the Accels do not need spring straps.

I use size Regular on the Mares, size XL on the Jets, Regular size fits the same or better in the Accel.

N

The Aeris Accel is the best recreation travel fin out there in my opinion. For tec, I can pack up my hog tec 2's real easy as well

I have both the F2 s and Accels. I prefer the Accels but that's more because they fit properly than actually performing better than the F2s. Both are small, light and pack well. The Accels are lighter. The sizing on the F2s is wonky, if you have a small foot i.e 6.5 or less you might have a hard time getting them to fit, certainly in a wetsuit boot, the foot pocket is huge.

Back
Top Bottom