what fins are these?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

crab4life

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
what type of fins are these. I know they are mares but I am unaware or the model. also they are asking 35 bucks for them. Could someone please shed some light on these please?

IMG_5440.jpg sorry my phone was acting up. Here is the picture

I really am looking to get SCubaPro Novas. They pulled these out and said these would be as good for $35. Are they right? Are these fins any good?

I really am looking to get SCubaPro Novas. They pulled these out and said these would be as good for $35. Are they right? Are these fins any good?

As good as/for what? Did they mention specifics. Assuming they fit, for $35 if nothing else they'd make a good spare set. I've never worn them so can't say. I owned the Novas, very comfortable, very easy to generate speed. I found them too floppy to frog kick effectively in. They are also too buoyant for me as I have floaty feet. I sold them. For most people fins are personal preference and like shoes many end up owning more than one pair anyway. Good luck making a decision.

---------- Post added March 27th, 2014 at 11:39 AM ----------

What kick style do you prefer?

---------- Post added March 27th, 2014 at 11:44 AM ----------

I wouldn't pay more than $20 unless you really want them. They are around $100 new. The Novas do come with a bungee strap which is nice. IMO the Novas are more suited to flutter kicks.

---------- Post added March 27th, 2014 at 11:46 AM ----------

Heres a review by the boss man:

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/fins-masks-snorkels/415138-mares-volo-power-fin-review.html

OP, look like big ole brogans....:)

sorry, I have a pair of raptors that I like for slow laxidasical dives, but i am looking for a pair of fins for salt water diving for moderate currents

---------- Post added March 27th, 2014 at 10:20 AM ----------

I just pretty much kick.Never really picked a kick cycle to stick with

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom