single lens mask that fits like a scubapro trufit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

casts_by_fly

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi All,

I need a mask. We went to the LDS and tried quite a few on. The spectra trufit (and also the poseidon phantom) felt great and sealed well, but I want a single lens as the oceanic shadow was great to look through (but didn't seal well). Is there another mask out that would fit what I'm looking for? Scubapro has a couple single lens masks that look like what I want, but I don't know the fit nor do I know a place to try them locally. The hollis M1 might do it as well, but again the fit is what I don't know.

Anyone use the trufit or phantom and also a single lens mask that has the same it?

thanks,
rick

the hollis m1 and the oceanic shadow are the same mask. have you tried the mini shadow? it's slightly smaller than the shadow, but essentially the same mask. unfortunately, without trying the mask on, you won't know if it will fit.

The problem with the shaddow was the bit across my upper lip. It was cut fairly thin and didn't seal well there at all. The other two had a bit more silicon there and fit well.

thanks about the hollis. That will save me ordering one to try it.

Thanks,
rick

Take a look at Atomic's single lens frameless mask. I swore I would never spend the money for an Atomic but I got so frustrated with all other masks leaking, I bit the bullet and bought the Atomic sub frame. Without a doubt, this is the best fitting mask, hands down, I've ever had ( and I've had enough to open a mask shop).

The Scubapro Mini Frameless is a very comfortable mask in a single lens design, albeit without the TruFit skirt. I personally do not dive it, but dive the regular Frameless. I have tried the mini and played with it some. The TruFit skirt is awesome and obviously really comfortable, but can also be "too soft" in a way.

If you want to stick with Scubapro, try and find one or have your LDS order one in. Hopefully they will do it without you having to pay for it, as it would almost surely sell quickly and would be a good mast for them to stock. We sell a ton of them at the LDS I help out in part time.

Hi guys,After some deliberations and lots of reading (thanks for all of the help!) I decided to try the Mares i3 Liquidskin. I received it today in the mail and the fit and feel (dry) seems very good, at least as good as the trufit Scubaro. The only thing I had to give up was black. Since I wanted the liquidskin, I had to go blue/clear instead of all black. Not that big of a deal providing this mask is a good in the water as it is on land.thanksrick

I'm pretty sure they have those in black silicon

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom