Fins that'll fit in my bag

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ppatin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm looking for a pair of fins for someone with relatively large feet that can fit comfortably in a duffel bag. My old fins were Aqualung Caravelles, and to get them into the bag that I use for my gear I had to bend them. That ended up cracking the fins so now I need a replacement. I pulled out a tape measure and it looks like my old fins were 26 inches long so I need something shorter than that that'll fit over size 11 booties. Any recommendations? Cheaper & simpler is always better.

what does show size have to do with how long the fins are?
myself at size 9 and my husband at size 11, both have the same fins, but with different boot size and they are both 22" long

what does show size have to do with how long the fins are?
myself at size 9 and my husband at size 11, both have the same fins, but with different boot size and they are both 22" long

For some brands larger foot sizes seem to get you longer fins. My girlfriend has the same fins that I do, only significantly shorter. My feet/booties won't fit in them at all.

Hollis F2 are compact fins, are often referred to as travel fins, and have very large foot pockets. The foot pockets are well suited for rock boots and that sort of thing. I am looking into Aeris Accel because the foot pocket on my beloved F2 is just too large for my average-sized feet in tropical booties.

Ppatin, Size does matter. fin_sizes.jpg

Thanks for all the advice. I was going to go with the Aeris fins since they're the cheapest but the straps on them look a bit flimsy. Are they easy to replace if they break?

Back
Top Bottom