Looking for some advice on really easy diving fins?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JJP161

Contributor
Reaction score
I have had a number of injuries over the years so my knees, back, hips and neck have seen better days. With that said I'm looking for a set easy diving fins with minimal stress on the knees and joints. I basically dive quarries and reefs, occasionally a wreck or two, nothing advanced. No tek diving and no dry suit. I have a set Bio-Fins and I am really not a fan of the split fins. Was thinking about trying the Cressi Frog Plus, Mares Avanti Quattro or Scubapro Seawing but I am certainly open to suggestions. Thank you.

I have a pair of Aeris splits. Couple hundred dives on them. Very easy fins. Relaxing to dive. Also use for off NC.

Also have a Quattro pair. Nice fins but more work on the legs than the Aeris.

Seawing novas (not gorillas) would probably be good. I tried them once and found them very easy (so much so that they were too soft for me, in fact).

Try some mares volos.

+1 on mares Volvo power. Very lightweight, tons of power if needed. Otherwise very efficient. They are very long though. And the buckles are a bitch to open!

+1 on mares Volvo power. Very lightweight, tons of power if needed. Otherwise very efficient. They are very long though. And the buckles are a bitch to open!

Yes I am definitely going to have to try a set of Volos, I have tried a number of split fins including the apollo bio fins and I really just don't like he split fins. Also curious how the mares Quattro and Cressi Frog plus are. Thank you everyone for the input, I really appreciate it.

Instead of changing your fin, try changing your fin stroke.

Traditional flutter kicking is hard work on the joints, frog and modified frog kicks are considerably easier.

I have had 3 back fusions so I know exactly what you are talking about.

The Seawing Nova has been the fastest and easiest kicking fin I have used. Really best set I have had, very light and with the awesome bungee strap and large finger loop this is extremely fast and easy to put on for those who have limited mobility.

They had some quality control issues with the first batch so be careful buying used. I think the ones with slots on the top of the joints are the old style and the new style are flat on top of the joints. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

The new Novas fins are one of my favorite purchases for diving ever next to my Stanley rolling scuba box and Home Depot cross stand to gear up on.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom