Scubapro Jetfin Revo fins: availability...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

charlier

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hi all - I am not sure where to post this, ScubaPro, Fins, or DIR forum. Does anyone know where I can purchase Jetfin Revo's, standard black with spring heel straps? I currently use a pair of light weight Hollis F2 fins. These are fine, but they do not give me the control or punch with twins, nor with singles in a strong current. FYI, the standard Jetfin's are way to heavy for me. I can stay in trim with them, but the jet fin revo's are better choice for my size. thanks.

Japan. Let me know if you have no luck locally I can maybe help out. I live in Japan.

---------- Post added July 25th, 2014 at 06:44 AM ----------

Just to add, over here they don't come with springs as standard. The scubapro ones sold locally are expensive and IMO not that well made/designed. I used some XS Scuba springs. Anyway like I said let me know if you want some help getting some. Are you Regular 25-27 or Grande 27-29?

---------- Post added July 25th, 2014 at 06:48 AM ----------

They run around ¥15,000. On occasion do see a little cheaper at around ¥13,000 but as they have stopped making them supply is drying up and higher prices are the norm. Currently can only get Black, White and very occasionally grey. All other colours have gone the way of the dinosaurs and are no longer available anywhere. Shame, I liked the orange ones.

They look very similar to the Hog Tech 2 fin.
Roughly in the $129 range. Spring straps standard, but there were issues where you didn't get a good spring size fit. Same sort of issue with any fin that comes standard with spring strap.
Piranhamfg sells them. I'm sure you can also get them from Jim Lapenta here on scubaboard; he's a dealer.

HOG_TF2.jpg

Hi all, thanks for the suggestions, I have used a size "regular", but the foot pockets are a bit tight. I wear size 42/43 Euro and 9 - 9 1/2 USA shoe size, so perhaps the grande might work better.Thanks for the heads up on the spring straps. I definitely prefer black fins. It seems that the other colors are a bit softer, but it's hard to calibrate reality on Internet forums. Since I have used the Revo fins, I am hesitant to order the Hog fins. Buddhasummer, i will get back to you ASAP. Too bad, I just cancelled a work trip to northern Japan. FYI, I live in Singapore.

So lastly, do the two metal rivets on the fins have a real function? Thanks...

Hi all, thanks for the suggestions, I have used a size "regular", but the foot pockets are a bit tight. I wear size 42/43 Euro and 9 - 9 1/2 USA shoe size, so perhaps the grande might work better.Thanks for the heads up on the spring straps. I definitely prefer black fins. It seems that the other colors are a bit softer, but it's hard to calibrate reality on Internet forums. Since I have used the Revo fins, I am hesitant to order the Hog fins. Buddhasummer, i will get back to you ASAP. Too bad, I just cancelled a work trip to northern Japan. FYI, I live in Singapore.

So lastly, do the two metal rivets on the fins have a real function? Thanks...

If you're referring to the Revos, no, just decorative.

---------- Post added July 25th, 2014 at 09:32 AM ----------

Yes, you'd likely be a Grande.

OK, I am in for size grande, black Jetfin Revo fins. Buddhasummer, if you offer still on the table, send me a pm for details, etc. thanks!

Hi all - later this summer, work will take me to Nagoya. Can anyone recommend a dive shop in Nagoya that might sell Jetfin Revo fins, size grande. Or I can order it on-line and drop ship it to my hotel. Color not a big issue, except it would be nice to find something other than black. I need to stand out while guiding, and everything I own is black. Thanks..

Back
Top Bottom