power plana foot pocket sizing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justcallmecam

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hi is there anyone who owns or has owned both the power plans and avanti quatro fins?
Im wondering if the foot pockets are the same size material and shape or not.
I have unusually wide feet and most fins of correct pocket length squeeze my feet badly.
I have a pair of regular avanti's that fit well, the pocket in that area is soft enough to be comfortable.
I am unable to try these on but if the pockets are the same then i should be good to go.
Thanks.

A word of caution: the chart referred to is not correct at least from my own experience. I ordered an XL from Leisurepro, and the foot pocket is much wider than that of Scubapro jet fins XL, which I measured is around 10.16 cm (W). I don't have chance to measure the Plana XL because I returned it and exchange to a Regular one, yet received. I have a size 8 Bear drysuit hardboot. It fits right into the jetfins, at least in width. But there is too much room in Plana XL. (I will say at least 1/2 inch)

I found most size charts published by manufacturers are hardly useful. Why can they just measure the dimensions of the foot pocket?

I'm not sure if this will help you, but I have a pair of XL Quattros, and with my size 12 feet in a 5mm bootie, it is a very comfortable fit!

Just got the Plana Regular. The width of the foot pocket is the same as that of Jetfins XL, but much softer. The height is about 4 inch. Hope this is helpful.

I've owned the plana and quattros... pockets, to me, are different. My foot fits better in the plana.

Thanks guys. Divin'dog would you say the plana is a larger or smaller pocket than the quattro? Or just a different shape?

I'd say it is just a slightly different shape. Wider in the toe which seems to allow my foot to wiggle around a tiny bit more which bothers me only if I sit there and think about it. Diving, I just forget about it and have a good time. Best to try on any fin with your boots to see if they fit, if possible.

Both are good fins...

Thsnks divin'dog,
Im in a remote area so dont get to try things on.
The quattros i have fit me well so im going to assume these will 2...

I have dived with neither, I have only tried them both on in the shop so please feel free to ignore the following.
I was trying open heel with 3mm booties. The quattros fitted very nicely (M) but I felt my heel wasn't quite all the way in. He didn't have the next size up so I placed them back on the shelf. The Planas were what I was truly interested in but when i tried the regular (smallest size), I felt like, with a bit of effort, I could have fitted both my feet in there. I have US size 9 feet. The pocket is big - clearly designed for thicker booties or rockboots. There is no way I could satisfactorily pad it out to make the planas fit nicely. The width wasn't the issue. The width was quite nice infact. The problem was the height. I also live in a 'remote area' so have been on the search for a while now but having tried a few on in both water and store, I feel I must try them before buying as the size guides don't tell the whole story. It'll just take guys like us much longer to find the right fin.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom