Why use Force Fins?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oldbear

Teaching Neutral Diving
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Hello SBers,

I see a dedicated following for Fore Fins Force Fin: SCUBA Fins

What is the attraction for these expensive little guys?

Just curious... :)

~Oldbear~

Dunno, I figure you may as well just buy a DPV and be done with it. For two pairs of the really neat Excellerators with whiskers, or ears, or french ticklers or whatever Bob's calling them now...you could get a nice scooter.

Maybe Dan V. will chime in, though :wink:

1 Word: The Ferrari of fins?

1 Word: The Ferrari of fins?

That is actually four words :D

What sets them off from other fins? What is their overwhelming characteristic that makes them a Ferrari instead of a Honda? Would my Jets or F1s be the Mack or Kenworth of fins?

The main characteristics are a high efficiency of effort to power. When you first wear them, it feels like you have no fins on at all. But you can still race ahead of others. They also take much of the strain off the calves/knees/hamstrings - which is where many divers suffer cramps or injuries etc...

I also like that they (Force Fin Pro) are very small in length, so great for travelling/packing.

I find the shape, small and stiff with a curved blade, is very good for control techniques, like helicopter turns and frog kick. I can do a neat little back kick in them also... but it takes some practice/adjustment to back kick, when transitioning from traditional paddle fins.

+1 to everything devon diver said. Its also nice to be able to climb the ladder and move around the boat like im wearing shoes. The regular force fins are a little soft if you dive in a current on a regular basis.

after 3 dives on a set of FF Pro's, I can't add much more than what Andy has said..... Best "yard sale" item I have managed to obtain.

The main characteristics are a high efficiency of effort to power. When you first wear them, it feels like you have no fins on at all. But you can still race ahead of others. They also take much of the strain off the calves/knees/hamstrings - which is where many divers suffer cramps or injuries etc...

I also like that they (Force Fin Pro) are very small in length, so great for travelling/packing.

I find the shape, small and stiff with a curved blade, is very good for control techniques, like helicopter turns and frog kick. I can do a neat little back kick in them also... but it takes some practice/adjustment to back kick, when transitioning from traditional paddle fins.
Just like split fins! Lol.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom