Foot cramps/toe cramp

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

keller34

Contributor
Reaction score
I have read countless threads on here and other sites. Almost all of them are talking about full foot cramps or all the toes cramping. My foot does not cramp. I have used Jets for a long time. My legs do not cramp at all nor do my calves. The only thing that cramps is my small toe and about 2-3 inches down from it on the side in these new fins I bought. It happens on the right side the most and it cramps so bad I don't notice the left if it even does it.

So I am thinking the fins are too small with my 3mm booties on. I will be trying them in these socks that are thinner to see if I still get the cramp but figured I would ask here first. Thoughts?

I get toe cramps in just one toe, too. My thought was that the fins--more precisely, the foot pockets--are too big. I wear soft boots. Putting insoles in my boots seemed to help control the wiggle room. I think it has reduced, but not totally eliminated, the cramping.

I have no wiggle room. As a matter of fact now that I think about it, I have to pull a little harder than normal to pull the fins off, unlike my jets that I could just give a tug and off they came.

Try force fins on the surface or with current. no propulsion, the most worthless fins on the planet. only good for walking.

have read countless threads on here and other sites. Almost all of them are talking about full foot cramps or all the toes cramping. My foot does not cramp. I have used Jets for a long time. My legs do not cramp at all nor do my calves. The only thing that cramps is my small toe and about 2-3 inches down from it on the side in these new fins I bought. It happens on the right side the most and it cramps so bad I don't notice the left if it even does it.

So I am thinking the fins are too small with my 3mm booties on. I will be trying them in these socks that are thinner to see if I still get the cramp but figured I would ask here first. Thoughts?

I would say that cramps comes from shoe and not from fins at all . You need perforated anatomic insert inside of the shoe and good shoe ( not floppy neoprene )

for instance OTB Abyss II Boot - 6 in. at nrs.com or SCUBAPRO - HD Drysuit Boot or Santi Rock Boots | Extreme Exposure

My thought was that the fins--more precisely, the foot pockets--are too big.

Turbosole-Flossenhalter

ferma_pinne_dvd_g.jpg

lucca, thanks, I saw those mentioned a while back in another thread. Also mentioned in that thread was to try using orthopedic insoles inside my boots. I have been trying the insoles. If they don't work, I will try your suggestion.

Try force fins on the surface or with current. no propulsion, the most worthless fins on the planet. only good for walking.

Since people like Jean-Michele Cousteau, Phillipe Cousteau, John Chatterton, Sylvia Earle, etc use Force Fins by choice (there are no paid users), it does not make sense that they do not work in current or on the surface.

Obviously a comment from an uninformed and uneducated source with a "tired it once and did not like it" mentality.

Please disregard his message.

since i only speeak of my own experience and that of friends i dare to say that they are ****. Jean-Mixgele Cousteau or whoever get their money feom companies like that i have been walking thus planet long enough to make my own judgement. Those guys mean zero to me, i only care about my own life and i say that those fins are really bad.

since i only speeak of my own experience and that of friends i dare to say that they are ****. Jean-Mixgele Cousteau or whoever get their money feom companies like that i have been walking thus planet long enough to make my own judgement. Those guys mean zero to me, i only care about my own life and i say that those fins are really bad.

None of the people I pointed out are paid to use Force Fins. If you do not know who these people are - your ignorance is blatantly obvious.
Just cause you have been walking on this planet for a number of years does not mean your judgement is worth anything.

There are lots of people on this board who use Force Fins and can attest that your opinion is incorrect. If you want to give details about your experience instead of just spouting off - I am sure people might take you more seriously.

Please have a good life - but unsupported opinions are like A$$holes - everyone has theirs only some have embraced the concept.

Back
Top Bottom