fair price for used scubapro twin jet fins?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Devin Long

Registered
Reaction score
I just recently got certified and my buddy is selling me his dive gear, what is a fair price for 2 sets of scubapro twin jet split fins?

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Brand new they run around 170 a pair, so a fair price would depend on the condition.

All buckles work for the foot restraints, a few cosmetics but over all they look in good condition. I saw what they retailed for, i just dont really know how well this type of stuff holds its value. I was going to offer 50 bucks for each set, just wanted to get a gist of what they are worth used before I made an offer.

50 bucks per set would seem like a fair offer. Honestly I wouldn't pay more than that for a set of used fins, but that's just me.

I just recently got certified and my buddy is selling me his dive gear, what is a fair price for 2 sets of scubapro twin jet split fins?
Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Negative $300.00....

Before I read your second post $50 a pair is what came to mind. I have had my ScubaPro Twin Jets for 12 years and 250 dives and they perform like new.

Size is another consideration. Large size go for more money then small, medium and extra large sizes on ebay. Personally I would only spend $25 on a pair of fins. It is just a 2' piece of rubber with a strap on the end and the quality of the strap is probably the most important thing.

I got a used set of Jets (XL) for $25 or $30 from eBay a couple of years ago to have as a spare set. They had a few nicks and scratches, but perfectly serviceable. Straps were in good enough shape, but I replaced them with XS Scuba spring straps (cost more than the fins).

---------- Post added November 30th, 2014 at 11:58 AM ----------

I just re-read your post and saw you were talking about split Twin Jets, not Jets. I bought a used (very good shape) pair for my daughter several years ago for around $50

I paid $70 for a pair of XL on eBay about 10 or 12 years ago, and am still using them. I replaced the straps with the SS springs last season, the original straps are still in good shape.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom