Hard Soled dive boots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diving Canuck

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello All,

I am looking for a recommendation for a good pair of HARD soled dive boots. I was in Bonaire earlier this year and found that my regular dive boots were not sturdy or thick enough for some of the rocks and corals. I am looking for a boot that has a thick sole and is good for covering rough terrain, particularly for shore diving. My local dive shop does not carry anything, so I am looking for a brand recommendation that I can order online.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Seasoft Sunray. Great 3mm hard sole dive boots. Love them!

For a 6mm boot, I have a pair of SEAC hard soled boots.

Both have been to Bonaire and both served me well for tons of shore diving. I wore them all day, drove in them between sites, went to lunch wearing them. Very comfy!

Neoprene socks and a pair of Chuck Taylors work for me. Replace the laces with some 1/8" bungie cord. :D

I've been using a version of these for many years, esp in Bonaire: Tusa

I'll be taking out a pair of 3mm SEAC boots today. I'll post my thoughts on them when I get back.

Added 09/09/2014: Wore them walking the reef today for about an hour on very slipper and rough terrain. Worked well enough. Haven't dove them yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
+1 for the Bare 3mm Tropic Boot. Easy on and off and keeps your feet warm enough.

For what it's worth...I spent 5 weeks on Bonaire in January with my wife and we wore 5 finger shoes from REI. They are awesome. You have the dexterity to walk on the iron shore and curl your toes as needed to help stabalize. They fit well in our Tusa Tri-ex fins and after 33 dives loooked just like new.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom