Can you swap the glass in a mask?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CaptainHornblower

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I have a "medium" sized head/face, so "regular" size masks don't fit me. I bought an Atomic Venom ARC and the glass is great, but it leaks like a sieve. I have a cheap mask that fits my face with crappy glass. Is it possible to have someone take the glass out of one mask and fit it into another skirt?

Depends,.... some masks are basically the same with different manufacturer's names/ logos on them (Same car, different grill). If the old mask & newer one are of the same type, then there is no reason the glass can not be swapped out. If they are 2 dfferent styles, then it likely will not work.

This all depends on the mask that you have and that the lenses are the exact same shape and thickness, I use Scuba Pro Spectra masks and also their newer trufit mask. I have swapped the lenses back and forth for various reasons mostly to completely clean all the components. You have to be very careful with the mask frames as it is very easy to snap the molded clips when removing and re-assembling the mask and also making sure there is nothing around the mask skirt or outer edges of the lens. When putting the skirts back it almost feels as if the frame will not snap in and it might break and requires a bit of finesse and pressure to snap it back in place. I have had a few cases where I had to disassemble and reassemble the mask a few times as there were very very minor leaks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom