Force Fins user ?s

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

snowdog61

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I've been using Atomic splits and for what I typically use them for (easy drifts) they meet my needs. The issue is the times when I need to back fin when I photograph. Maintaining position is very taxing when I need to back up or stay up current to hold position - helicopter turns aren't a problem. I've considered Jetfins but have read they are a good bit negative. I'm already using tank trim weight to stay horizontal and am fearing adding more weight up top will cause me to roll. Can anyone comment on Force fins and their relative weight compared to the Jets?

Can't comment on weight, but the back kick is a challenge for me in Force Fins, because of the curve. ymmv

If you want a lighter fin that works well for back kicks, helicopter turns, etc, take a look at the Dive Rite EXPs. I love my Slipstreams, but they're out of production now.

I would also recommend the Cressi Master Frogs. Highly maneuverable but also a lot of snap for strong currents (Cressi modified their great freediving fins for scuba to make these, and it really shows). Lightweight, slightly negative in the water. I recently tried force fins on an hour drift dive (a friend lent me a pair). They have a different feel that takes some getting used to. They have more power than I expected, but were not good for frog kicking though because of their upturned blade. I did not prefer them to my Cressis and their cost is quite high.

Concrete is lighter than jets........

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am a jet fin/oms slip user. I recently did a few dive with Force Fin Pro for my curiosity. If you want precise in water control by finning, then FF pro isn't the right fins, the per kick power isn't there. If you want fins that let you flutty kick easily (like split fins) let you move forward at reasonable pace, I think FF Pro is doing the job nicely. It is exactly what FF is advertised for.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom