Full foot fins for someone with large,wide feet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dhboner

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I have a friend with Size 13 Triple "E" width feet who is shopping for some fins for snorkeling. He doesn't want open heel fins but he is having trouble finding full foot fins that are wide enough that they don't hurt his feet. Does anyone know of something that might fit the bill.

don't think they exist, mine are 14-3e and have had the same issues, just get a small light set of real fins and grab apir of neoprene socks for $25 from amazon

That was my suggestion but he is holding out to see if BIG ones exist...thanks!

I have wide feet and snorkel with full-foot fins because I find them much more comfortable to use than open-heels. A few years ago I chanced upon Mexican-made Escualo Clasica fins, which offered me the necessary breadth and height in the foot pockets. However, they weren't easy to get hold of.

I would echo the suggestion of Japanese-made split-blade Gull Bio-Fins uni, which are excellent and robust:
Gull-bio-fin-uni-set-fins.jpg
Though full-foots, they are designed to be normally worn with boots and so have roomy foot pockets. They are carried by Marinetone of Hong Kong, which provides a very fast delivery service to western customers:
GULL-bio-fin uni - Marinetone Scuba Diving Gears

Here's how the Russians get round the problem of broad feet with full-foot fins:
attachment.php

These fins come already fitted with eyelets and laces, but some freedivers cut down the centre of the tops of their foot pockets, insert eyelets on either side and add laces.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom