Tusa regulators made by??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IlikeItwetPls

Contributor
Reaction score
I know this is the place to get answers, so:

Who makes Tusa regulators? Are they an entity of their own, or made by someone else?
I'm specifically interested in the RS 235.

I wouldn't take their word on that. You might compare some other Tusa products for verification of my suggestion.

Tusa's RS-460 compared to Scubapro MK16/S550, even the schematic diagram on the website is the same except for the logo.

Then compare the Tusa PanaGeo mask to the Scubapro Ventana, and the Tusa Liberator Plus mask to the Scubapro Solara.

I think these three items are an example of what I mean, but particularly mentioning the regulators.

On a side note, the RS 235 isnt' even mentioned on the site, are you sure its even a current product offering, or is a dealer trying to sell off old inventory?

Since there seems to be such a similarity :wink: between the product offerings, does Tusa offer free replacement parts for life?

Justin699:
I wouldn't take their word on that. You might compare some other Tusa products for verification of my suggestion.

Tusa's RS-460 compared to Scubapro MK16/S550, even the schematic diagram on the website is the same except for the logo.
Tababta has manufactured Scubapro's designs for them for at least the last 20 years. SP invests in the engineering, not in the manufacturing capability. What normally happens is that after the exclusive rights expire, Tabata will make a mechanically identical but cosmetically altered model for it's own distribution. In the US they are then sold through TUSA (Tabata USA). Part numbers are normally cross referenced and completely interchangeable. So, the similariteis between the RS-460 and Mk 16/S550 are more than just similarities, but it's a situation of Tabata making the regs for both TUSA and Scubapro.

Then compare the Tusa PanaGeo mask to the Scubapro Ventana, and the Tusa Liberator Plus mask to the Scubapro Solara.
There are relatively few companies actually making masks and most rebrand them for sale through several companies.

Since there seems to be such a similarity :wink: between the product offerings, does Tusa offer free replacement parts for life?
Our LDS has not carried TUSA in 4-5 years, but as far as I know they don't offer the same warranty as SP.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom